Watch for the Winter Newsletter to get an update on what your Board of Directors has decided going forward!
Looking to the Future
Our Joint Venture Agreement with EQUS ends April 30, 2020 and the Board of Directors are looking for member input on who will be the DSO in the interim until such time as a sales vote, as well as your preferred direction, should the vote be no.
The three options you have to choose from are:
1. Complete EDSO (Electric Distribution System Operator) with FortisAlberta Inc.
2. EDSO with FortisAlberta Inc and hire separate contractors.
3. Complete EDSO with EQUS (a new contract, not a joint venture agreement).
We recently sent out member input packages to the membership asking for your input. Please see link below as well as the Notice to Members.
The deadline has been extended to October 18, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
Decision into the affairs of Tomahawk REA - click below to read more.
Do I need to sign a contract with the Tomahawk REA?
While you may be receiving services from the Tomahawk REA, to be considered a member of the REA you must sign a contract which is then approved and validated by the Board. As stated in the Tomahawk Electrical Services Contract, the names provided on the contract are required to be the same as those on the land title certificate.
Upon the approval of the REA Board, a person may become a member of the association if that person
1) owns or has an interest in land and is 16 years of age or older (This means a potential member must demonstrate that their name (s) are on a land title or are in possession of legal documentation that confirms their ‘interest in land’ in some other official format);
2) enters into a contract with the association for the provision of utility service to that land (A contract is defined as a legal, agreement between two entities with provisions for both parties to confirm their acceptance – in the case of the Tomahawk REA that necessitates a signature from the member and from the Board as well as the Tomahawk REA seal to validate the contract.)
3) pays the membership fee. (This is a one-time fee paid for the initial membership.)
What are the benefits of being a member of the Tomahawk REA?
Owner - As a member of the Tomahawk REA you become part owner in the association
Voting rights - you have a say in who is part of the Tomahawk REA Board of Directors
AGM - as a member you are welcome to attend the Annual General Meeting
What if I'm just renting a property within the Tomahawk REA region?
If you are renting you are not required to become part of the REA - the property owners are
How do I get a contract with Tomahawk REA or ensure my contract is current?
Please contact the Tomahawk REA Administration office at email@example.com or call 780.514.8732 if;
Sign up for email communications
Copyright © Tomahawk REA. All Rights Reserved.